It was 9 o’clock on Sunday morning and everybody was rushing around before leaving for church. The phone started ringing and in less than five minutes my laid back Sunday morphed into an impromptu party: Dad’s siblings were coming over. I took out my crock-pot and put together this recipe in less than 10 minutes:
Salsa Pork Chops in a crock-pot
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 cups salsa (or a 15 oz. prepared jar)
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Mix the first seven ingredients directly in the crock-pot. Layer the pork chops on top of the salsa mixture and season them with salt, pepper and ginger. Turn the crock-pot to low for 6-8 hours. Serve with mashed potatoes and a green salad.
Enjoy (Pofta Buna)!